CHEMICAL INJURY TREATMENT INGREDIENTS*: ALSO HELPS SENSITIVITY
(Neural Protocol Ingredients)
I. Nitric Oxide Scavenging
2. Folinic Acid
II. Glutathione By Nebulizer
For better, sustained protection, daily dose (listed below) is divided: one-third taken three times daily with food. Taurine is taken separately in the evening for better absorption (and improves sleep). MTHF, vitamin E and some other ingredients may need to be separate depending on compounding pharmacy and patient needs, tolerance.
A. Glutathione function and reactivation:
1. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 2000mg (or more if indicated by patient self testing by Perque C strips 800-806-8671). Most patients need extra 1gm twice daily.
2. Selenium, 400 mcg.
3. Alpha lipoic acid, 600mg: can begin separately at 100mg (Jarrow, Thorne) TAKE WITH FOOD in stomach. Reduce if irritation and increase gradually till dose tolerated. Then take together in NSP cap.
4. Riboflavin-5-phosphate (bioactive form) 125mg.
B. Components of superoxide dismutase:
5. Zinc, 20mg as zinc picolinate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral testing).
6. Copper, 1mg, as copper picolinate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral testing).
7. Manganese, 2mg, as Mn picolinate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral testing).
C. Compounds related to peroxynitrite biochemistry:
8. Magnesium, 400mg as magnesium malate (or more if deficient on RBC mineral testing).
9. Betaine (methyl donor), 500mg.
10. 1mg bioactive folate MTHF.
D. Scavengers of peroxynitrite and its breakdown products:
11. Thorne Ultimate E, 500IU with 200IU gamma tocopherol (separate capsules) one daily.
12. Ginkgo biloba extract, 120mg.
13. Silimarin (milk thistle extract) 300mg.
14. Bilberry extract, 300mg.
15. Cranberry extract, 400mg.
16. Carotenoid mixture (5mg lycopene, 5mg beta-carotene, 5mg lutein, other carotenoids.
E. Superoxide Scavenger
17. Grapeseed extract (OPC) as Activin 400mg.
18. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) 400 mg.
F. Improving GABA formation (to reduce NMDA activation)
19. Pyridoxal-5-phosphate (bioactive form) 125mg.
20. Taurine 500mg SEPARATELY in evening.
G. Energy metabolism for protocol healing and calming NMDA:
21. Acetyl-L-carnitine 500mg.
22. Coenzyme Q-10, 100mg.
23. Thiamine HCL 75mg
24. Niacinamide 75mg
25. Molybdenum 200mcg
26. Chromium 350mcg
27. Pantethine: (B5), 500mg
28. Biotin, 1mg
Two years of full treatment is recommended or until no longer reactive/frequent symptoms. Then maintenance antioxidants with home environmental controls are needed lifelong.
* For instructions on use, see factsheet: TREATING CHEMICAL INJURY: STEP-BY-STEP. For scientific documentation, see factsheet: NEW CHEMICAL INJURY TREATMENT (Neural Sensitization: The Key to Medical Treatment of Chemical Injury).
Next page: Chemical Injury Prescription Form
Top of page